Thursday, October 25, 2007

Isn't it ironic...don't ya think

So I had a dentist's appointment today. These are probably my least favorite appointments. For some reason I have a huge fear of "the dentist". I tend to faint just about every time I go. And today was no different. I had an appointment and thought it was just for a checkup so I wasn't worried at all. Checkup are easy! After I sat in the chair the dentist came over and looked in my mouth and all of the sudden my mouth starts to go numb. That's when I realized it wasn't just a check up and they were really planning on doing work. But the hard part was over, I thought. I'd already been numbed and this is usually the scary part but I didn't feel a thing. No pain! Then I passed out. Why? I was ok. I wasn't worried. Why do I always pass out? The doctor remembered that last time the same thing happened but then I had a good excuse... I was pregnant. This time he looked at me a little confused and asked if I was pregnant again. No, I certainly hope not. He checked my blood pressure and told me what I already knew, that I have really low blood pressure. Then "the dentist" told me to eat a candybar before my next appointment. Don't I have the best dentist in the world. He tells me to eat candy! I love him. I just thought it was kind of ironic that I can go through labor easier than I can make it through a dentist appointment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eryka I remember when you were living here in ST. George before you got married you went to the dentist and was all done and out at the receptions desk and you passed out and fell back and really hit your head hard on the floor and the girls down that you were living with cfalled me and they also called your bishop and he came and gave you a blessing. You were lucky that time you didn't get a concussion. Don't know what to tell you other than just be sure you are setting down when it happens.
Have you had your second sonagram yet? I am wondering how things are going with the lump in your breast.

Granny

Chris & Stephanie said...

Eryka,

You are looking good. I had no idea that you were going to have a baby. That is awesome. I also wanted to ask if you had family in Blanding UT. My family was originally from there, and most people have not a clue there is even a Blanding ut. Hope you are doing well.

Stephanie Cornwell Avery