Wednesday, November 05, 2008

November

In a way I've been inspired by a friend to do this.  She suggested taking a picture everyday of what you are grateful for that day.  So I'm going to try and post a story to go along each day in November.  

November 1, 2008
How can I not be thankful for Candy!  I love Halloween.  This year was the first year my kids have been trick or treating the traditional way.  (Yes, I do mean by knocking on doors and walking up and down our neighborhood.)  It was awesome.  


November 2, 2008
Today a new Bishop was called in our ward.  I felt an immediate confirmation that this man was the man that Heavenly Father choose to lead our ward.  I felt his sweet and quiet spirit.  I felt part of a wonderful ward as I raised my hand to sustain the calling.  Today I'm grateful for the spirit and being able to discern when things are from God. 


November 3, 2008  
Books.  On Mondays Isaac has Library at school and Stella has Storytime at the library.  I'm glad my kids love books.  They love to get new books.  They appreciate reading or being read to.  They laugh when we read funny books.  They love to hear poems.  They just love books and so do I.


November 4, 2008
We had an adventure today.  Ashley called me this morning and wanted to take the kids into the City.  I'm always up for going into the City.  I love the energy, the people, the crowded streets and all the tall buildings.  We had a wonderful day.  We visited Toys'R'Us in Times Square, ate lunch with Daddy, enjoyed Central Park and then had a fun but long ride home on the train and then an unexpected dinner in the City with Daddy.  I accidentally had us take the wrong train home and so we spent a few extra hours traveling with 6 hungry and tired kids.  It ended up being an unforgettable trip into the City.  I'm so thankful we were all able to have fun and enjoy the moment even though it didn't turn out as expected.  Today I'm thankful for good friends and helpful daddies.


November 5, 2008
I'm thankful for so much but today I'm so thankful to live in a free country where I have the right to vote.  Yesterday I voted.  I'm thankful for the process.  I appreciate having the privilege to vote for who I'd like but then accepting what America decides.  I didn't vote for Barack Obama but I'm really excited to have him as President of our great nation.  Today I watched a lot of post election coverage.  I felt so enthused for our system.  I love how he is inspiring a nation.  He truly has made me think today.  I'm so grateful for the role model he has become and the hope he has given to others but more importantly to me.  I love America.  Living abroad really made me aware how great we have it and how wonderful our Country is.  I'm so thankful for everyone that has helped to shape it and keep it this way.  

4 comments:

Worthy Glover Sr. or Gail Glover said...

Gratitude is a wonderful thing. Imagine how much better the world would be if people showed more thankfulness instead of resentment and mistrust. Thanks for the uplifting post!

Anonymous said...

Have been waiting for you to do another post. It was a great one and I am so Thankful for such a WONDERFUL GRANDDAUGHTER AS YOU ARE ERYKA AND YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY. Always keep that SPIRIT CLOSE TO YOU.

Love you so much
Grandma & Grandpa H

Tim & Nancy said...

I am thankful for you coming into our lives. You are an amazing sister-in-law, and a wonderful mother. Your post has inspired us all to be more thankful.

Nan said...

Great post. Having gratitude was a common theme last General Conference. It really helps keep life in the proper perspective. It is good to see you back. I was sorry to hear you have had sickness there. We will keep you in our prayers.