Monday, May 09, 2011

I love being a mom

This weekend was great.  Drew flew in Thursday night to be with us for the weekend.  Friday we had a BBQ with some great friends.  Saturday we shopped, ran errands, played and then went on a date.  Sunday I really wanted to sleep in so I told everyone I didn't want breakfast.  It was great.  I slept until 8.  (This is sleeping in for me.)  Then I opened presents.  I love presents.  Especially ones that come in a little blue box with a ribbon on it.  I love the homemade kind too.  I was spoiled.  The best part of my day was at dinner when everyone told me everything they loved about me.  I love being a mom.  It has changed me.  I can't image my life any other way.  I've been so blessed to be given the opportunity to raise my three kiddos.  I'm so thankful for them...and their Daddy.  

I'm also super thankful for my Mom.  She's such a great example. I'm so lucky to have her and to learn from her.  Thanks Mom.  I'm also very thankful for Gail, Drew's Mom.  She's like a second Mom to me.  Thanks!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell us what was in the little blue box or the homemade ones.
So glad you had a great mothers day I did also.
grandma h