Wednesday, July 27, 2011

and the adventures begin...

We made it.  I can't believe we're here.  So far so good.  Here's my top ten first impressions in no particular order.
10. I can play slug a bug again.  I had to explain how to play to Isaac.  Yes, I just taught my eight year old to hit his brother and sister!
9. Brazil is crazy expensive.
8. Having kids in Brazil is a huge bonus.  Today we were able to bypass all lines in the airport because of our three.  Major time savor.
7. The food is amazing.  Yes, it's expensive but it tastes so good.
6. It's a little dangerous.  On our way into Sao Paulo we saw a guy in a security car with a loaded gun pointed and ready to shoot.  Scary.
5. They love cough drops.  We let the kids pick a piece of candy after lunch and they chose watermelon flavored Halls cough drops thinking it was candy.  Nope, it was a cough drop.
4. Apartment hunting is kinda fun except when you have three tired and rambunctious kids.
3. Walk fast.  They don't stop or slow down for pedestrians.
2. I miss my iphone.  Tomorrow I need to pick a plan and start using my unlocked iphone 4!!!!
1. We're in for a crazy adventure and I can't wait.  I'm so excited.

6 comments:

cecily said...

Totally saw Stella at the pool the other day and forgot it was her last day. I remember the halls now... I'm so excited to read about your adventures! Post frequently!

Nan said...

I agree! We are excited for you, and want to hear all about your adventures!

Glad you made it there safe. Good luck with the apartment hunting.

Anonymous said...

So glad I was able to make it out to NY for Isaac's baptism and see all of you for the last time before you left. I really enjoyed my visit. Hope your hand is still doing okay. I finally made it back to St. G at 12:15 a.m. It was a long day so I hit the bed as soon as I could after getting in the house. Thanks for everything while I was back there. So glad you make it to okay. All of you must have been really tired when you arrived. Do you still have the same cell phone #. Love you all. Keep us posted on apartment hunting and post often.
granny

Chris & Stephanie said...

I am glad you made it safely. Can't wait to see the new life you are going to be living. Good luck on you new adventure.

Jord said...

Ahhh! I'm so glad you made it safely and can't wait to hear about the adventures you'll most definitely have. And I'd live close to work so you can see Drew as much as possible.

Gail said...

We call it "hug-bug." It's safer!