Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Being a little kid is hard

As I was cuddling with Isaac before he went to bed tonight he said, "Mom, Niko doesn't want to be my friend anymore." (Niko is Isaac's best friend here in Spain.) I asked him why and he said he didn't know. Then he told me they were talking about school and disagreed and now they aren't talking to each other. I asked if he was mad at Niko and he said "No, I love Niko." So I told him Niko would probably forgive him tomorrow. He said Niko was really mad and won't forgive him. Then he asked me what he should do. I told him to pray about it and to forgive Niko and ask for his forgiveness tomorrow.

It was so sad to see him so worried about his little friendship. I know tomorrow they'll be best friends again and probably won't even remember they were mad at each other but it made me aware of how sensitive my little guy is. And how much he cherishes his friendships. He still remembers all his friends from the City and Westchester and asks about them. He's really excited to see all his friends and play with them! I love that he shared his problem with me. I hope he always feels like he can trust me.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

You're a good Mommy Eryka. You dealt with it in such a positive way.

Chrislynn said...

I think you are such a good mom Eryka. Good work.

Kd Perkins said...

Eva has the same issue frequently, she doesn't understand that it is okay for her friends to have other friends too.