Saturday, February 17, 2007

Family fun in Barcelona (minus Daddy)

I went to Barcelona Wednesday night for work and I knew I would be there for two nights, so we got airfare for Eryka and the kids to join me while I was there. I guess "join me" is being a little generous. We were in the same city, but didn't see a whole lot of each other. That's okay - Eryka assures me Barcelona is a fantastic city, and I believe her from the description of her adventures the two days we were there. We didn't get to stay at the hotel I enjoyed so much on my first trip, but we got another fancy place more centrally located for exploring the city:

In two days, Eryka went to the zoo, the beach, saw a water and lights show, toured half the city on a bus, and was actually able to get decent food at decent hours. In Barcelona they understand that some people want to eat at times other than just 2:00-4:00 in the afternoon and after 9:00 at night.

You'll have to ask Eryka for more details. She's currently recovering from the return trip. I foolishly booked her on a flight to leave Barcelona at 11:30 p.m. and the flight was delayed for two hours without any explanation, when they finally boarded they had to be shuttled to the airplane on a bus, and when they landed the stroller she had checked at the gate was not there. They had sent it through baggage claim, and even then they sent it through the wrong baggage claim so Eryka had to go searching all through baggage claim at 3:00 a.m. dragging along two exhausted kids. She couldn't find the stroller and almost left without it until someone else pointed out it was off in some other part of baggage claim. (By way of explanation, I flew home on a different flight on the expensive airline that has flights leaving every 30 minutes since I was on work business. Also the baggage claim area at the Madrid Airport Terminal 4 is astonishingly HUGE. There can't possibly be that many flights coming in at once to that one terminal.)

So it was more than we bargained for getting Eryka home, but I think the trip was worth it. Eryka can't argue with that right now because she's still sleeping. Anyway, here are some pictures, and make sure you go all the way down to catch some awesome video:









1 comment:

Corinne said...

Eryka's hair is getting long!! Funny video - I hope she had some dry clothes with her!!