Thursday, June 07, 2007

things are looking up

Something strange has changed this week. I have a husband!! Okay, I've had a husband but we've actually seen him and spent time with him this week.

It all started with Drew calling me Monday night and asking if I wanted to go to dinner with him and the other lawyers and summer's. Of course I wanted to. Free dinner and a night with my husband. What's not to love. Then on Tuesday he walked in the door at 9:00pm. You might not think this is very early but trust me it is. I thought somebody was breaking in. This is how surprised I was. So we were able to play with Drew for a good hour before we put the kids to bed. Then Wednesday he met us at Burger King for lunch and came home after for a quick playdate with the kids. He also came home at 7:30pm from work and didn't have to go back. So weird but fabulous!

Now I'm wondering what it would be like with a husband that worked a 9 to 5 job. Not really I'm so glad Drew has the job he has and the time we have with him is so special. I think I would take him for granted. But when we do get the time I'm all for taking it!

3 comments:

Chrislynn said...

I am so glad you have been able to spend time with Drew this week. Last semester I barely saw Richie, he even rehearsed on Sundays, and it has been so nice to have him around now that summer is here. How nice of Drew to make the effort to be with you guys.

Corinne said...

Wow, I feel for you! Last night Clint rolled in from the lab at 11pm. At least he usually comes home for dinner though :)

Debbie said...

glad you were able to see your hubby more this week. i cannot believe how busy drew is. aaron is busy but not that busy. good luck with everything.